Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Too Much to Process

I have so many emotions I want to express but I don't know where to start. The background is important but I don't think it needs to be told yet. The NOW is that in 44 hours I will leave Vince at a drug rehab center and walk away from him. At that point I have no more control (if I really had any anyway) over what he does or what happens. A chapter in my life that has been waging for over 7 years now is over. The book is closed and a new one will open. In the 30+ days that we are apart I will learn how to become a single mom and prove to myself that I am strong enough to manage it. I will miss Vince terribly and think of him every moment of the day. I will pray for him and try to minimize any damage this has done or will do for my kids here at home. Then I will wait. I will wait and see how these days apart change him and what decisions he will have made for his life, our life. I'm scared of the outcome but I'm trying to focus on the truth that every friend and family member keeps reminding me. "IT CANT BE WORSE THAN IT IS NOW" .....but....... what if it is?

No comments: