Sunday, February 24, 2013

The past is History!

Writing about the history behind our current situation seems redundant and unfair to the new choices I am making in my personal life. However I realize some of you are becoming aware of our battle late in the game so here are just a few important facts for you to know. This is not said to shame my husband, betray confidences, or create an area of details to be used against him. I became aware that Vince was using marijuana in 2005, and learned that this has been an on and off choice of his since he was 12 years old. In November if 2011, Vince was arrested for possession of marijuana that was found in the car of a friend when searched by the police. His probation began last June at which time he stopped using the marijuana. Through the influence of others he began purchasing and using a synthetic brand of marijuana that is legal for purchase at many gas stations provided you are 18. It is also known by the name K2, pouporri, or bath salts. The use increased significantly over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays to the point that he was using almost every day all day. I believe in my heart that Vince has wanted to find a way out of this for a long time but he didn't know how and the addiction was too strong. I was under the impression that he was making a choice to use and that he should just choose us "his family" instead. Now I know and believe that addiction to any substance is an illness. It robs the person it attacks of all reasonability, ability to process, or care to try to. It tells them they are unworthy,unloveable, unable to live without their addiction. I feel sorry for Vince. I feel so bad that he has believed these lies. Now, dont think I do not realize he made the choices in the beginning, he has accountability, and he has hurt many people. That being said - how sad to be drowning in a lie when hope is all around you. So, that's the history. It's dark and sad. It's full of lies, tears, valleys, and heartache. I choose to look to the future and prepare for the battle ahead. It's gonna be a hard one but with God all things are possible!!!!!!!

No comments: