Wednesday, March 11, 2009

3's

What a wonderful birthday I was blessed with. This one didn't depress me at all, I was anxious for the ME day. I was talking to a friend and we were discussing how much the celebration of bdays changes as you get older and especially after you have kids. This year I felt especially selfish and relished in the attention (when I wasn't asleep that is)

So, on magical 33 I reminised about the other years of 3 in my l-o-n-g life....

At 3, I was an adorable toddler. LOL! Actually I was a sassy little know it all with a huge vocabulary, tons of attitude, but respectful to adults, just not friends.....sorry Karin! When I was 3 my real life baby doll was born! I thought she was spectacular even though she was supposed to be a boy ;-)


At 13, I was pimple faced and still a little full of myself....Actually, at this point I had lost most self confidence. I was in 7th grade and had just really started noticing that boys were more than just fun playmates. I had way more guy friends than girls. On a normal day I was with my junior cousin Joel and the other members of our church youth Cody, Dustin, Jeff, PeeWee, Chuck, Sean etc.... I *think* that was the summer Dustin decided he loved me and named the two children we would have. One summer movie with him, mom, laurie, and the babysitting kids prompted me to end that phycho "relationship" LOL!

At 23, I was a mom to Joshua. He was my everything!!!! The month before this birthday I almost lost Vince to a serious illness and it forced our relationship to a different level.

Now another 10 years has passed and I'm at 33. I was talking to my mom telling her its so strange because I remember when SHE turned 33! I look forward to the next decade and all it will bring. I certainly feel surrounded by an amazing group of friends and family.

I love you all ~ Thanks for making my day special.

2 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm glad you had a good one! You should always be selfish on your b-day, and enjoy what you like!

You can see Clara anytime...I think your schedule is crazier than mine these days!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I missed it. I hope you are surviving your new schedule. I miss you!