Monday, April 8, 2013

2 months!

What an exciting day.  A day to praise and reflect on how far we've come. 
I went to my first AA meeting today.  It was interesting.  I felt both concern and excitement for the people involved in the room. It is a sobering experience in itself because it makes you understand the depth of the disease from many different points of view. 
When you are living daily with your addict it is easy to begin doubting and it is really hard to understand their constant battle.  A variety of testimonies really highlightes just how hard it is for addicts to stay sober each day.

Back to the praising.  I'm so happy for Vince.  It's hard to believe that 2 months ago today I left him at Caron.  Here's to another 2 days,  2 months,  2 years.....


*Feeling blessed

No comments: